ARCHITECT - Whanganui (1)
BSM | Whanganui, affordable, great lifestyle | Date Listed: 06/03/2018Time to escape the frustrations of city life, the high cost of living and endless traffic?
Take a look at Whanganui, surrounded by mountains with easy access to the outdoors and numerous sports (Mt Ruapehu, hunting, fishing to name a few), vibrant in the arts and architecture, with very affordable housing and almost no traffic!!
All this in a medium sized Architectural Practice involved in stimulating work across the central North Island. Note: the practice also has an office in Auckland.
Due to growth in the Whanganui region, we have an opportunity for an experienced Architect.
We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated individual, with fresh ideas, a good eye for design, positive energy and enthusiasm. A busy pipeline of commercial, community and residential projects await your arrival.
For the right person, there could be the potential to become a part owner in the practice long-term.
The working environment is supportive and friendly with an interactive team culture, so we are looking for someone who is ambitious and down to earth, with initiative, integrity and a sense of humour. You will be responsible for leading a small team, mentoring team members, and participating in team leader meetings, sometimes in the Auckland office.
The successful candidate will be a registered Architect and ideally possess the following:
• Minimum of 4 years’ post graduate experience in New Zealand
• NZ Registration (or near to completing)
• Confident with current NZ building codes and practices
• Experience across design in addition to technical and administrative areas
• Ability to lead projects, build and maintain relationships with clients, consultants and staff
• Confident in putting forward ideas and developing design concepts with others
• Experience with ArchiCAD would be advantageous
• Excellent interpersonal, mentoring and communication skills
• NZ residency or valid work permit
This is a great role - the Directors are looking for someone who is keen on stepping up into a real leadership role in the short to medium term.
What are we offering?
• Generous remuneration package to match your skills and attributes
• Leadership opportunity for the right person who is seeking to grow with this progressive practice long-term
• An opportunity to work on quality projects and for active involvement in bringing new work streams into the practice
• A friendly, energetic and supportive team culture within an Architectural Practice that recognises, supports and rewards.
If you are looking for a great work-life balance, and to join a practice with integrity, that will support you and constantly delivers high quality projects, please feel free to contact me or send your CV and a cover letter to:
Future Proof Employment Services NZ Ltd
Call Kirsten for a confidential discussion on: 021 2138895
All applications will be treated in confidence.
If this position isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position in Architecture, please contact me for a confidential discussion
To apply for this position please email or send your CV to: