ARCHITECT - Work close to home
BSM | Auckland - Highbrook, close to motorway | Date Listed: 06/03/2018This highly respected architectural practice operates nationally from offices in Auckland and the lower north island.
Great location, spacious, modern office, nearby cafés, gym and only 3 minutes from the Highbrook motorway onramp.
An exciting range of projects is underway, across the commercial, retail, educational, church, community and residential sectors.
The working environment in this thriving architectural practice is collaborative, supportive and friendly with an interactive team culture, so we are looking for someone with initiative, enthusiasm, a sense of humour and a passion towards mentoring and developing junior team members.
Amongst other responsibilities, this role includes providing leadership in the practice’s church, community and church mission portfolio.
While having an ability in and appreciation of good design is important, the ability to manage the design process involving multiple contributors is essential. The role also involves development of new work in these client areas. Interest in working with church communities is preferred and familiarity with current NZ church culture and issues would be an advantage.
We are looking for a person with the following:
• NZRAB registered Architect or close to (with excellent design and/or delivery skills)
• Experience working on several projects at one time
• Ability to understand and resolve design issues
• Professional interest and strength in documentation and project delivery
• Proven experience leading project teams, mentoring and sharing knowledge
• Client focussed ethos – able to build and maintain great relationships with clients and confident preparing for and facilitating client involvement.
• Ability to liaise with clients at all stages of project delivery
• Proactive, well organised, down to earth personality
• Experience in ArchiCAD and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
• Strong practical knowledge and understanding of NZ building codes and detailing capability.
You will be working in a close-knit, interactive team so we are looking for someone with confidence and empathy when dealing with others, initiative, flexibility and a really enthusiastic work ethic.
This company values people who recognise the complementary contributions that others bring.
The working environment is professional and supportive and the role, rewarding and challenging.
What are we offering?
• Remuneration commensurate with an architectural role of this nature
• Continuing professional development, NZRAB and NZIA professional fees
• A friendly, supportive and positive team culture, that recognises, rewards and offers multiple additional benefits
If you would like to find out more please send your CV and cover letter to:
Or call Kirsten for a confidential discussion on 021 2138895
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
If this position isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position in Architecture, please contact me for a confidential discussion
All applications will be treated in confidence.
To apply for this position please email or send your CV to: