'10 Myths About Architects' updated
21 September 2018
10 Myths About Architects (updated 21 September 2018) is a booklet published by the New Zealand Institute of Architects to clear up some common misunderstandings about architects and what they do.
There's often some confusion about who can call themselves an architect and what it is that architects actually do. This free booklet aims to clear up 10 common myths.
- Architects are the same as architectural designers
- Architects just design new buildings
- Architects are only interested in big projects
- Architects cost too much
- Architects just care about how buildings look
- Architects just work in the big cities
- Architects just do drawings
- Architects only work for rich people
- Architects aren’t practical
- Architects don’t listen.
Click on the image below to download '10 Myths About Architects' (PDF).